Friday, February 25, 2011

Home-made laundry detergent

  I'm going to bring in samples of this to the next mom's group but I thought I would post this in case anyone would like to try it right away.  Jodi, can you post your recipe?   Tiffany since you make the liquid version of this can you post how you make it?  Thanks!  I mix 4 cups borax, 4 cups washing soda (this is different from baking soda), and 1 grated bar of Fels-Naptha.  You can find all the ingredients at Gordy's.  The bar of Fels-Naptha is with the body soaps and it is only 99 cents!  I just use my cheese grater on the soap and then mix them all together in a ice cream bucket.  This lasts me about two months because I only use 1-1/2 Tbl per load.  I do have a front loader so this can be used with any washing machine.  I love it and think my laundry has never smelled so fresh and it cleans just as well as the Tide that I was addicted to.

3 comments:

  1. two bars of castle soap grated and one box of washing soda and 1 box of baking soda and i use 1/4 cup per load

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also menards had rain fresh 120 load x2 all laundry detergent on sale for 6.98 with mail in rebate! it goes till tomorrow sorry i posted here i can't figgure out how to make a new post
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the ingredients and made this today! Love it! Now I am ready to tackle my mountain of dirty laundry :)

    ReplyDelete